(And Other Wisdom My Daughter and I Scribbled Down While Waiting at the Orthodontist's for Her First-Ever Braces)
People are busy, we get it. YOU are busy. I am busy. Some things have to wait for better suited times, true enough. Given all of these truths, Annie and I nevertheless put together this list of things we believe you and I are never too busy to do. So imagine yourself rushing to a meeting for which you will be fortunate to arrive on time, or staring at a computer screen in the late hours of the night, wondering if there's any stray productivity that might yet be corralled into the day. Use these contexts as tests for what follows - and your own! Without further ado:
1. Use the bathroom.
2. Drink water.
5. Experience fresh air.
6. Say 'I'm sorry.'
7. Say 'Thank you.'
8. Notice your surroundings and those around you.
10. Look for God in your midst / a given moment.
11. Treat others with kindness and respect.
12. Tell the truth.
14. Name your gratitude to God.
15. Notice how you're feeling and what you're thinking.
16. Be startled / surprised by the unexpected gift.
What would you add?