Tuesday, January 26, 2016

2 Great Reads!

The Courage for Mediocrity.
"We all have our strengths and weaknesses. And yet we try to hide our weaknesses as if they were shameful secrets. Who among us has not trained ourselves to answer that age-old job interview question 'What are your strengths and weaknesses' by turning our negatives into positives? 'My weakness is that I work too much, and also the quality of my work is so high that it oftentimes causes coworkers to be jealous, which sometimes leads to office-wide rioting.'

The Trinity, Leadership and Power.

"When Christian leaders, in the power of the Spirit, cultivate and guide communities of unity and diversity, mutuality and openness, creativity and concern, passion and participation, they live into the promise of Jesus' prayer: 'As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that they world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment

When the Promise Comes Close: On Earth as It is in Heaven

Bath-time in the Melton home is a beautiful and sometimes also harrowing hour of the day. A veritable roulette wheel of parenting possibilit...